Monday, September 1, 2008

Omazing














Oh my God! I'm so excited. Thanks to one of my dear friends (Louella Gray), I got the opportunity to see Oprah Winfrey live and in person. Oprah was the keynote speaker at the 20th Annual Whitesboro Reunion Festival on Saturday, August 30, 2008. Stedman Graham, Oprah's longtime beau, is a native of the small town, and on this day the town officially named August 30th as Stedman Graham Day.

In true Oprah fashion, she was soooo inspiring. She encouraged us to "vote" for ourselves, and exhorted us to dream about the impossible, to execute the impossible and recognize that with God all things are possible. She shared her daily morning prayer "to be used in service for that which is greater than herself". She made it clear that the key to her success has been hard work and keeping her hands stedfast in God's hand. She painted a very clear picture of her surrendering her desire to be apart of the Color Purple, and rejoicing when God moved after her surrender. In the words of Obama…."I get it".

On top of all this she donated $220,000 as the first installment of her $1 million dollar donation to the Concerned Citizens of Whitesboro scholarship fund. That was awesome. I'm not even from the town, and I was one of the first to get on my feet in applause to her generosity.

I have to tell you, this was a surreal experience for me, one I won't soon forget. Thank you Louella…Love Ya Girl!

No comments: