Saturday, February 27, 2010
Come On Baby Light My Fire - Inspiration Board #6
Undeniably, candles are symbolic of romance, which makes them the perfect wedding décor accessory. They can serve a number of purposes such as providing lighting and setting ambiance to a room, provide symbolic meaning during the ceremony or elegant décor at the reception. There are a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and of course types, such as: pillar candles, votive candles, tea lights, taper candles, floating candles, and of course the unity candle. Here are just a few ideas for incorporating candles into your special day.
· To symbolize bringing the two families together most commonly used is the unity candle
· Group pillar candles of varying heights for a great centerpiece idea
· Tea Lights can be used as part of a centerpiece idea or to add soft lighting on the cake table, or guest book table or anyplace where you desire just a flicker of light
· To honor loved ones who have passed on, candles can be used as a symbolic representation of those who you wish could be with you on your special day
· Candles can add a sense of drama when used to light the pathway as you make your way down the aisle
· As a favor idea, consider scented votives combined with a CD of your favorite love songs, with a decorative tag that reads “Music to Enjoy by Candle Light”
· Lighted votive holders could serve as a place card option when decorated with parchment paper with guests name and table number wrapped around the holder – to light the way to their seats
Of course there are so many more uses for candles, but these are just a few ideas to put a little fire under you to get your juices flowing!