Tuesday, December 7, 2010
The Devil Is In The Details
I am convinced that Murphy's Law was born out of wedding/event planning. Of course it wasn't, but believe me, when it comes to planning an event…if it can go wrong, it will go wrong. Details, details, details is the name of the game. It is super critical to cross every "T" and dot every "I". Hiring a Professional Wedding Planner is a sure way to ensure that all of the details are covered, and covered by someone other than you. The next important step is to ensure that the details are documented in your vendor contracts. You cannot afford to leave anything to chance. The following tips will help you avoid problems on your road to Happily Ever-After.
1. To avoid surprises, misunderstandings, disappointments, and disasters, always get everything – estimates and final agreements – in writing.
2. Contracts from vendors should be detailed.
3. Cancellations and refund policies should be clear.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about each contract; if you and your vendor make any changes, put those in writing too.
5. Trust your instincts; if a vendor refuses to provide a contract, seems uncooperative, or doesn’t respect your wishes, go elsewhere.
6. Confirm everything one to two weeks before the wedding.