Saturday, November 29, 2008

Selecting Your Attendants


A word of caution here, keep in mind that those who stand with you on your wedding day are a representation of you. Please choose your attendants with care. Be cautious about choosing out of obligation or duty. You'll want to select people who love you and have your best interest at heart, and you'll need to have people who are supportive, reliable and willing to lend a helping hand. This sounds like a no brainer, but you'd be surprised at the ugliness that rears its head during the planning: jealousy, sabotage, and the oh so familiar premadona attitudes. Questions to ask yourself when making your choice:
Why am I asking this person to stand up with me at my wedding?
What part of my life has s/he shared?
Will I be happy (or irritated) by this person's presence?

The bottom line is to choose people who you have shared your life with, those who live in your heart and share your dreams for a life of love and happiness.

4 comments:

Nicole Scott-Tate said...

Great advice.
Where have you been hiding lately?

bridechic said...

Some well thought out pointers here.

. said...

Great info!!

OCruz said...

Great advice! I should of had this when I chose my party. :O)